Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

TIME TO SAY GOODBYE


If you read my column on Wednesdays, you'll remember that Big Sis' dog Casey was
terminally ill, and she was waiting for the right "time" to put him down.

Today is the day.

In another unfortunate twist of fate, Little Sis' dog Jimbo suffered from kidney
failure yesterday. It looks as if he, too, will be taking the trip across the Rainbow Bridge with Casey.

I feel helpless because I'm not in Florida to help my sisters through this very sad time. But, just so they know, in my heart I wish I were there, if to do nothing more than to give hugs, offer my support and try to help them begin the healing process by focusing on the world of the living.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The world of the living can be even more depressing.

Tue Jun 27, 02:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant imagine, my heart goes out to them.

dmc

Tue Jun 27, 04:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom knows how you feel-she is still not able to eat fish-after her big loss

So, sorry

Tue Jun 27, 04:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to thank those that have commented on your weekly column and in your blog for their compassion and support. Casey went to "Summerland" across the Rainbow Bridge where he will be free of pain and misery, and in the good company of all those beloved pets that have went before him. Grandma Bisquit will be there to love him and give him his doggie cookies. :) Via con Dios, mi perro.

Wed Jun 28, 11:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its tough to lose your pets, but its also a relief when you know you did your best to preserve life, but could not.
Dwell on the good times the pets brought, and the tears will not sting as much..
Send my sympathies to your sister

CARL F. Manahawkin

Wed Jun 28, 06:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you Sarah, you 2 Jen. My thoughts are always with you.

Thu Jul 13, 09:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home