Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A HORSE OF COURSE




My man's son is turning 17.

He's a great kid, a good student and plans to be a veterinarian.

He's into horsepower - the animal kind.

Soon he'll be taking the reins of the other kind of horsepower.

He's all excited about driving and gaining his independence.

Oh, to be 17. What a glorious age!

I wonder what I would do differently if I had the chance to do it all again?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing-life is good! Good family, friends, replacable screen doors, good wine! Enjoy the present!

Wed Jun 21, 10:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true Sophia! I was stupid at 17 and expect I would be the same again! I'll take the old me and have another glass of wine.

Wed Jun 21, 02:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wouldn't do anything different. But I bet you'd do a lot differently.

Sophie Tucker said it best: "I was young, and now I'm old. Young is better."

Wed Jun 21, 09:03:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Now you see it, now you don't. I knew that sentence sounded awkward. If I had known my hurried posts were going to be under such scrutiny, I definitely would have paid more attention in English class. what a difference a proofreader makes. thanks, norm!

Thu Jun 22, 08:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WISH I COULD BE 17 AGAIN, AND KNOW WHAT I KNOW NOW & TO MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES IN LIFE. YES 17 WOULD BE EXCITING, SO MUCH FUN IN THOSE YOUNGER YEARS.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN!! XOXO

DMC

Thu Jun 22, 10:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home