Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

WHAT A SHOCK


Where are my rose-colored glasses?

I'm such a pessimist at times. At least that's what my man claims.

It's not that I look for the bad in life, it's just that I try to be prepared for a worse-case scenario.

Sort of like when I said it might be a good idea to check out the electrical system to my mother-in-law's in-ground pool before we open it up for the summer.

Sure enough, there was no GFI (ground-fault interrupter) breaker to the pool pump.

Why is it that I'm always right?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evidently your lessons from your big sister sank in :)

Tue Jun 20, 10:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You watched too, too many soap operas as a child-everytime things were going great-BAD would happen-cheer up-we have flamingo glasses for you-everything will come of roses from now on-Flamingo Pink Roses

Tue Jun 20, 08:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SAFETY FIRST! ELECTRIC AND WATER DONT MIX
DMC

Thu Jun 22, 10:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say the glass is neither half full or half empty..it is too small!

Thu Jun 22, 07:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home