Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Friday, April 20, 2007

I SEE THE LIGHT

Plastic vs. metal?

Ever since I misplaced (I'd never say lost) my $80, lightweight, favorite plastic-frame sunglasses while on vacation last month, I've been wearing this metal pair. I found them one year in the grocery store parking lot and threw them in the car just in case ...


Well, the "just in case" happened.

The only problem is that I hate wearing metal sunglasses because they are heavy, cold in the winter and hold the heat in the summer (if you live in Florida, they actually can burn your nose).

I haven't gone out to buy a new pair because it takes too much thinking. You know, are they too round, too dark, too something or other? And then there's all that taking them on and off, standing on my toes to see how they look in the mirror that's always too high on the sunglasses stand.

But I need to wear sunglasses even if it's not sunny because my mother claimed that brown eyes are more sensitive to light.

Gee, you'd think I'd ask eye Dr. Son.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If buying a pair of sunglasses was the biggest problem that we had in this world-it would be a fun place! Why don't you take the little GrandPrincess with you and just let her pull a pair off the rack and tell you she likes them-that way the next generation can learn how to solve REAL problems!!!

Fri Apr 20, 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger margaret said...

Oh my gosh.. I'm grateful for Diana's blogs. For the most part, they're light hearted while the others are pretty intense stuff about this problematic world.

I saw a pair of Marc Jacobs sunglasses in Macy's Diana, way out of my price range...but to DIE for!! :)

Fri Apr 20, 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Thanks Margaret, but since I misplaced the pair my man bought (and he said "no sunglasses for you, one year!"), I'll have to purchase the next pair myself, which means on my salary - a Wal-Mart brand. :)

Fri Apr 20, 11:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Don't it make my brown eyes blue"
`Crystal Gayle- 76'

I was always told that it was blue eyes that were super sensitive to the sun.
What say you readers?
Well,I have a pair of them Transition eyeglasses.They darken when in then sun.It takes about 10 minutes when coming into a building before the glasses return to their regular non-tinted status.
All the while,people stare as if I am weird for wearing sunglasses indoors.

Fri Apr 20, 11:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask eye Dr. Son to send some non-Rx samples for a Mother's Day gift and test-drive them 'til choose your fave ones - (of course choose a spare pair in case you "misplace" them again)...in case you are reading this blog Dr. Son...hint..hint...

Fri Apr 20, 12:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana, Dollar store!
I loose mine all the time, went to the new one that opened in Shrewsbury, it's huge, got a great pair!

Fri Apr 20, 02:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I suppose I'll just have to visit DelRay Beach & purchase a second pair! I would'nt want your world to be viewed without those rose colored glasses!!

Fri Apr 20, 04:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Wal-Mart glasses will go well with your Cadillac Escalade.

Sat Apr 21, 09:48:00 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

you must mean my Caddie CTS, which is a far cry from being an Escalade.

Mon Apr 23, 10:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home