Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Monday, April 09, 2007

HARD TO SWALLOW


She called him "Next."

Little Sis and her man, Cowboy, had a special kind of Easter dinner ... hamburgers.

It was one of the bovines from Cowboy's herd.

The only problem was that Little Sis had some trouble chowing down on the cow that she had named and helped raise before his slaughter. She said she got very upset when they took Next away and wasn't sure if she was cut out for this ranching thing.

Putting a face behind the meat on your holiday table can be a little tough.

I've always said I'd be a vegetarian if I had to kill (or raise) dinner.

I wonder how he tasted.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet it tasted better than the so called beef from the store! No hormones, no preservatives. I agree, it's much easier to eat something that you personally didn't have to kill. I have friends that raised a calf when they lived in Tennessee. They had named him Hamburger, and he too ended up in their freezer. They didn't raise another one.

Mon Apr 09, 12:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a moo-ving story..hope Mad Cow's disease not on the menu, too..

Mon Apr 09, 01:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could never, ever even take a look at an animal, never mind raise it, then have it slaughtered to eat it! I agree with you, I'd be a vegetarian if that was the only way I was going to eat meat!
What one doesn't know, certainly doesn't hurt!
I hope that wasn't the actual picture of the poor animal, he was way to cute!

Mon Apr 09, 02:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She may want to "steer" clear of waiting in lines because whenever she hears:"Next"..she may have an involuntary twitch or regurgitation..

Mon Apr 09, 03:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank God for Perdue!

Mon Apr 09, 03:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't "steak" out my dinner either.

Mon Apr 09, 05:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, thanks, proofreader, that was funny about what'll happen after hearing the word "next"! I hear it every day when I go to the bank, the CVS, etc.

Tue Apr 10, 08:47:00 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

BTW, the picture really is Next.

Tue Apr 10, 09:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i could never

dmc

Tue Apr 10, 12:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully, the ground beef did not include the horns! Talk about your roughage...

Tue Apr 10, 12:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brings new meaning to still Moooing, I like mine medium rare, but not on the plate looking back at ya!!

Tue Apr 10, 06:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home