Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

FLIPPING MY LID


Mr. Anal can open food boxes with those little tabs on top without ripping them. I've watched him do it ... methodically.

I can't separate the thin pieces of cardboard, sealed with the glue that holds up a man hanging onto a hard hat stuck to an I-beam, without tearing them in half. He's watched me do it ... haphazardly.


Mr. Anal also carefully folds the plastic liners, before closing his perfectly opened boxes, to seal in the freshness.

I crumble the plastic liners and shove them inside my half-closed boxes without a concern for staleness ... which is why I often get the "why raisins get
hard" lecture.

Now I've developed a box-top phobia, and no longer touch those he uses. His raisins stay soft and my Mini Wheats get hard.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God love the ziploc inner bags inside many boxed products now..is about time..no more clips, rubber bands or folding to seal stuff in ...Remember when delis switched to sealed plastic bags for cold cuts?..My only pet peeve is that the deli people usually do not take the extra step to seal it and put the price label over it so when get home, have to remove the overlapped price label without tearing into the bag so can then properly seal the bag for storage...for cereal boxes without ziploc seal bags inside, I just remove the entire bag inside and transfer to a ziploc bag and toss the cardboard box; is easier to store, takes up less space and when open it the first time, the sealed is bag ready to be used...

Tue Apr 24, 02:47:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

I like the ziploc idea...i'll run it past the man. thanks. you may have saved me from another hard-raisin lecture.

Tue Apr 24, 03:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cut the guy a break, at least he puts the raisins away instead of leaving them out on the table for you to put away.

Tue Apr 24, 05:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Anal also takes his time when resealing the caps on the liquids in the refridgerator! In the event one should slip from your grasp while in the fridge, its fun seeing it bounce about & not spill its contents on the kitchen floor, as demonstrated only to often!

Tue Apr 24, 07:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I hear you say that Mr. Anal's "raisins stay soft and my Mini Wheats get hard"?

I won't come near that one!

Tue Apr 24, 07:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Mr. Anal that you'll double bag him one day.
Burped and double locked for eternal freshness.

Wed Apr 25, 05:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say Zippy, Your the kind of fun person I'd like to have around when it comes time to put items in the trash! Double bag the peepee pads & diapers & get those leftovers bagged as well! Then get those cans to the curb!!!

Wed Apr 25, 08:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how many times as a child did you get covered with chocolate milk in school when trying to open those annoying little cartons?

Thu Apr 26, 09:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same trouble opening boxes and closing opened bags. It's a good thing I like my Cheetos soft. job, steer clear of that one too, LOL.

Sat Apr 28, 09:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home