Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Monday, August 20, 2007

LIGHTEN UP

To all my wine-loving friends: Because last week's blogs were so serious, it's joke time! If you're a man, substitute Bob for Sally; and wife for husband.

Sally was driving home from one of her business trips in Northern Arizona when she saw an elderly Navajo woman walking on the side of the road.


As the trip was a long and quiet one, she stopped the car and asked the Navajo woman if she would like a ride.

With a silent nod of thanks, the woman got into the car.

Resuming the journey, Sally tried in vain to make small talk with the Navajo woman. The old woman just sat silently, looking intently at everything she saw, studying every little detail, until she noticed a brown bag on the seat next to Sally.

"What in bag? asked the old woman.


Sally looked down at the brown bag and said, "It's a bottle of wine. I got it for my husband."

The Navajo woman was silent for another moment or two. Then speaking with the quiet wisdom of an elder, she said, "Good trade."


Thanks to blogger Tom for the joke and photo of Navajo woman.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute,but it's a take off on an old
Henny Youngman joke:"I got a case of soda for my wife the other day".
"Pretty good trade,eh"?

Mon Aug 20, 01:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

geez pete, showing your age there by knowing the henny youngman joke.

Mon Aug 20, 01:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, If it were only that simple!

Mon Aug 20, 03:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At a recent U2 concert in his native Dublin, Bono began to speak to the audience about the plight of children in The Third World. To emphasize just how often a child dies unnecessarily, Bono began to slowly clap his hands over his head. He then told the crowd, "Everytime I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies of starvation or preventable diseases."

An Irishman in the front row then yelled out, "Well stop clapping your hands, you arsehole, and get back to the music."

Tue Aug 21, 02:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

give anon a hand for that bono joke!

Tue Aug 21, 09:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was growing up in the 50's my Mom always said to finish everything on our plates and to think about the starving "Armenians" who went to bed hungry . I guess back then the Africans weren't starving as much? My wiseguy brother always quipped that it didn't matter if we ate everything on our plates or not, because they'd still starve. Today, overweight and 51, I blame my Mom and those starving "Armenians" for my demise.

Tue Aug 21, 11:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home