Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

FATAL ATTRACTION

Flying fowl vs. window is a good indication that a bird's eye view isn't what it's cracked up to be.


I thought I had taken proper precautions when I relocated the bird feeders out of the direct line of the kitchen window last year when my own Shroud of Tern manifested after the powder on the bird's feathers were thrust onto the pane upon impact.

After that incident, I was happy to not to find the birdie body below and convinced myself that he just knocked himself silly and later flew off.

This time, though, Tweetie (who surely turned into Daffy) wasn't as lucky.


Sitting on the kitchen counter and peering out the window, 3-year-old granddaughter Chloe alerted me of the bird's distress when she calmly asked, "Why did that bird try to come inside?"

I heard the thud, but didn't think to look on the ground ... until today.

That's when I found that feral feline, Sylvester, was now one fat cat.

It's estimated that nearly 1 billion (that's billion with a B) birds a year are killed from flying into windows.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a birdie tale.

Wed Aug 15, 09:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home