Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Friday, August 24, 2007

WHAT A JOKE?

I get a lot of e-mails with good wishes, pretty pictures and jokes.

So today, being that it's Friday, here are a couple of real airline cabin announcements sent in by blogger Tom:

- "Thank you for flying Delta Business Express. We hope you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride."


- "In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a small child traveling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are traveling with more than one small child, pick your favorite."


- "Your seat cushions can be used for flotation, and, in the event of an emergency water landing, please paddle to shore and take them with our compliments."

- After a particularly hard landing, the captain, saying goodbye to passengers as they got off the plane, was expecting smart comments. He heard nothing negative until the last passenger, a little old lady with a cane, asked him "Sir, did we land or were we shot down?"


And my favorite ...

- "As you exit the plane, make sure to gather all of your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants. Please do not leave children or spouses."

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, light-hearted stuff for the end of a long work week.
As my new bride and I returned from Puerto Rico and our honeymoon,which by the way seems like a year ago.(It was in June)But I digress....
The pilot announced we'd be landing in about 10 minutes.Looking out my window I noticed well manicured homes with in-ground pools well poised throughout the hillside.After we landed(remember the announcement?)some 45 minutes later. I spoke to the pilot as we disembarked.I didn't know the folks near the airport were all that wealthy with all the fancy pools and homes?
"Newark"?,asked the pilot."We were stacked up over Wayne,NJ for 40 minutes."Thanks for flying Continental",he added with a chuckle.

Fri Aug 24, 01:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favotite is putting the mask on. I would be so frightened if I had to do that. Luckily I am not flying with kids.

Fri Aug 24, 06:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

going down the slide is always fun.

Sun Aug 26, 08:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home