Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

NOTHING TO CHEER ABOUT

An Arizona high school teacher caught on video performing a sexy cheer routine in front of her class has resigned.


English teacher and cheerleading coach Cristina Mallon was put on administrative leave last month after a student captured her dance on his cell phone and put the video on YouTube.

Mallon elected to resign, according to Highley Unified School District officials, after she returned from her suspension and was put in the spotlight once again when she assigned a controversial book for her freshman students to read. A father complained that "Jake Reinvented" was inappropriate for 14-year-olds.

Guess she's not shaking her pom-poms now.



Photo by Kent Field

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what's the big deal? I didn't see anything that you wouldn't see at any high school foot ball game. You pepple need to get a life.

Wed Nov 14, 10:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the new world. Be careful what u do or say someone is watching.

Wed Nov 14, 10:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is nothing and to get fired over it. Stupidity in todays society by management. Oh well its no different than any other place.

Wed Nov 14, 10:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she wasn't fired, but suspended, then she resigned. I agree, no reason for all the hoopla!

Wed Nov 14, 12:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me a D ..give me a U ..give me an M.. give me a B..what's that spell? An instant YouTube celebrity! Rah! :}

Wed Nov 14, 04:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

give me a b... give me an o... give me an n ... give me an e ... give me an r... please

Wed Nov 14, 05:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like a waste of managerial effort pursuing this matter.
Couldn't their time be better spent rounding up druggies and pedophiles?

Seems to me; and I've mentioned this before,we've become a nation of over politically correct wimps?We're all afraid of expressing our feelings for fear of offending someone. School children are now suspended for innocent expressions of affection such as a simple hug in a hallway.
Who is driving the bus in this country,the ultra conversative
right winged Evangelical Christians?
....For the Times they are a changin'.
Not all change is a welcomed thing.
Perhaps one day the pendulum will swing back.
Happy Thanksgiving and a Very Merry Christmas to all!!!!
There, I've offended someone out there.

Thu Nov 15, 08:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like one of my Dad's tee-shirts says: Happy Frickin' Everything!

Thu Nov 15, 03:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home