Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Monday, November 05, 2007

PREACHING TO THE CHOIR

They want to end the tyranny of the positive attitude by telling Americans that it's healthier to belt out your gripes ... in four-part harmony.

Thanks to artists Kochta-Kalleinen and Tellervo Kalleinen of Finland, the international complaints-choir movement has crescendoed from Australia to Helsinki and just recently made its debut in Chicago.



With The Complaints Choir of Chicago, the couple basically wants to combat the persistent American belief that it's best to think positively and keep complaints to yourself.

So, if you don't like your neighbors' dog, and you really hate they way your spouse leaves the dresser drawers open, organize a complaints choir and sing your heart out.

Sounds like an anti-American terrorist plot to me.
And BTW, those are peace-loving hippies in the photo, not the actual choir.

Job-hater's song submission for the choir:
"This job's not my sunshine, or my life dear,
It makes me angry, how much I'm paid,
You have no idea, boss, what I do here,
Don't let me go postal and blow myself (and you) away."

Real choir submissions:


Photo by Ed Berman

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect Disharmony.. lalalalalala..

Mon Nov 05, 11:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's mine, enlarged prostrate!

Tue Nov 06, 09:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home