Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

BYE, BYE BIRDIE

Another one bites the dust.
Parakeet Major Bird has gone to birdie heaven.


Major had been feeling puny for a couple of months, and I had to decide whether to spend $45 plus meds at the vet for a $20 bird. Turns out I was able to find birdie antibiotics at a pet store, and I forced-fed poor Major dose after dose with an eyedropper for a week.

It didn't any good. When I found him on the bottom of the cage this weekend, shivering and no longer eating, sadly, I knew it was time.

I had him euthanized for $35.

But it didn't stop there. Later, Major's buddy, Minor, looked soooo sad that I went out and spent another $20 on a birdie girlfriend.

And, the cycle continues ...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

life is such. i know a guy who married another woman a month after his wife died.

Tue Sep 04, 05:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the new bird, hows a handle like "Majorette" sound.

Tue Sep 04, 10:06:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

i like Majorette. It's doesn't roll off the tongue, but I'm still getting confused and calling Minor Major... so it just might work.

Wed Sep 05, 09:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should rename them as Marco, Polo..Marco..Polo...

Wed Sep 05, 12:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home